Grants from Elijah's Truth
(There have been new changes to our grant policy - please read carefully)
Elijah's Truth (a division of God's Children Adoption Agency, Inc.) is thrilled to be able to offer adoptive families partial funding in order to alleviate some of the financial stress that is involved with the process. In order to assure that the money entrusted to us is used wisely, the guidelines below have been created and adoptive familes are required to follow them. Please be sure to download the application at the end of this page after reading through the guidelines. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Elijah’s Truth provides adoption grants to qualified Christian adoptive families who have been approved to adopt by a licensed child placement agency and who have been matched to a minority domestic infant or have received referral of a child from another country. (Families do not need to be matched in order to apply, however any grant money awarded shall not be dispersed until after placement.)
1. Prospective adoptive parent(s) may apply for a grant after they have an approved home study by a licensed adoption agency. Requiring that prospective adoptive parent(s) are home study approved before applying for a grant promotes wise stewardship of the financial resources entrusted to Elijah's Truth (a division of God's Children Adoption Agency, Inc.).
2. Recommendation Forms are provided (see application download), and must each be completed by the pastor, 3 references, and the adoption agency. We have created online PDF's of these forms to allow applicants and references to print and mail back. Please provide references with a stamped, addressed envelope for them to send their form directly to Elijah's Truth
(Address is listed on application form)
3. This grant program is available only to legal U.S. citizens living in Minnesota, North Dakota or South Dakota and who are planning to adopt internationally and or a domestic minority infant.
4. Applications are reviewed by our Adoption Grants Committee on a quarterly basis. Deadlines for receiving grant applications each quarter are: January 15, April 15, July 15, and October 15. Applications must be received by these dates to be considered for the quarter. You may request special consideration in cases where time is an issue by attaching a note to your application. Applicants will be notified via mail or email in a timely manner following the determination.
5. Elijah's Truth (a division of God's Children Adoption Agency, Inc.) will review all of the prospective adoptive parent(s) information for consideration. The decision to award or deny a grant to the adoptive parent(s), and the designated amount of the grant shall be determined by the sole discretion of Elijah's Truth.
6. In return for a financial grant, Elijah's Truth (a division of God's Children Adoption Agency, Inc.) requests a picture of your family and/or child (after the child is home) to be used for online and/or print marketing for Elijah's Truth. We also request a testimony letter from you describing the completion of your adoption journey. These will go on file to prove that the adoption was in fact completed, and that the funds were used as promised. We also request permission to use these things in our newsletter or other publications. We encourage families who recieve support to consider dontating to Elijah's Truth in the future.
7. Financial need will be determined by the adoption agency referral form as well as the financial worksheet included in the application. Applicants are exptected to use available personal funds.
8. THE APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL or it will not be processed and reviewed. Elijah's Truth will not be responsible for following up on incomplete applications. Download the .pdf application below for adoption grants
Download: Full Application 752kb